To be accepted for admission into the program, a student must present:
- Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program or a MSN Bridge program. Course work must include an introductory statistics course (including inferential and descriptive) and an undergraduate nursing research course.
Students who have earned a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their undergraduate program may be formally accepted into the Master of Science program upon receipt of all required documents for admission and review by the Graduate Nursing Admissions and Progressions committee. Students with an undergraduate BSN GPA of less than 3.2 are required to present test scores from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), MAT (Miller Analogies Test) or GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test), to be considered for admission into the program. Students should aim for a score above the 50th percentile for the verbal and quantitative sections. In addition, those students applying to the MSN/MBA dual degree track must be accepted by the MBA program. Those students applying to the Nurse Anesthetist Track must first be accepted by the Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery. Please contact the Frank J. Tornetta School directly at 610-270-2139 for an application packet.
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Students entering the MSN in Nursing Administration/ MBA Dual Degree Track require acceptable scores in the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT). For inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two letters of reference from professors or supervisors. At least one reference must be an academic reference.
- A statement of philosophy articulating your professional values and future educational goals. Also, include the reason for your track selection.
- A resume.
- One-year of current work experience as a registered nurse.
- The application for Admission.
The Graduate Admissions Committee meets at scheduled intervals during the year.
Students desiring to audit courses or take a course as a non-degree student must apply for admission in the same manner as MSN candidates.
All students are assigned a track faculty coordinator upon formal acceptance to the graduate program. The faculty coordinators are available by appointment for student advisement concerning course selection any time during the academic year and especially during the pre-registration period. Students may also contact the Graduate Nursing Program Director for advisement.
GMATPlease contact the MBA program concerning the University's free GMAT prep classes at 215-951-1057 or email email@example.com.
For general program information, admission requirements or application status, please contact the MSN Graduate Admission Counselor, Michelle Conaboy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For advising, clinical or course-specific information, or registration, please contact the MSN office at email@example.com.
Patricia M. Dillon, Ph.D., R.N.
Graduate Nursing, and RN-BSN and RN-MSN Programs
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.