To be accepted for admission, an applicant must provide the following:
1. A completed online application
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. A professional résumé and personal statement of interest in a doctoral degree.
4. Official graduate transcripts with evidence of successful academic achievement. Candidates should have a master’s degree in theology, religious studies, pastoral care, or a similar field (M.A., M.Th., M.Div.) from an accredited institution of higher education. The transcript should be sent directly from the institution to the Graduate Admissions Office at La Salle.
5. Evidence, as determined by the Program Director, of sufficient course work in theological disciplines appropriate to the student’s intended area of concentration. Applicants may be required to complete additional master’s level course work prior to admission to the Program.
6. Evidence of a basic reading and/or speaking knowledge of one of the following languages: a modern language other than English, Hebrew (biblical), Greek (biblical), or Latin (classical). International students must likewise provide evidence of English competency with a minimum score of 218 (550 paper-based) on the TOEFL.
7. A personal on-campus interview with the Program Director and members of the Th.D. Committee, unless a waiver is granted.
All admission documents should be sent to:
La Salle University
Office of Graduate Admission – Box 826
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Resumé and personal statement can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 215.951.1462. Please be sure your complete name and program (Th.D.) are on each document.
November 1 – An online application, official graduate transcripts, professional résumé, and two recommendation letters must be received by the Office of Graduate Admission.
January 30 – Invited candidates must complete an on-campus interview with the Program Director and select members of La Salle University faculty.
March 1 – Official notification will be sent to accepted candidates. The Program begins in June.
Francis Berna, OFM, Ph.D.
Theology and Ministry Graduate Studies
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.