Brother John M. Crawford, F.S.C., PhD
Professor of Religion
Office: McShain 209
A native of Pittsburgh, PA, Brother John joined the Brothers of the Christian Schools in 1974 and spent over twenty years as a teacher and administrator in high schools and in service to court-adjudicated youth in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Brother John earned a doctorate in Religion and Education from the Institute of Religious Education and Pastoral Ministry, School of Theology and Ministry, at Boston College, completing a dissertation on the use of Lasallian texts as the basis for a contemporary spirituality of the teacher under the mentorship of Dr. Thomas Groome.
Brother John has been on the faculty of La Salle University since 2008.
Areas of Expertise
- Religious Education
- Spirituality of Teaching
- Lasallian Pedagogy
- BA English-Education, La Salle
- MA Religious Education, LaSalle
- MEd Administrative Leadership, Catholic School Leadership Program, Boston College
- PhD Religion and Education, IREPM, STM, Boston College
- RLE 710 Religious Imagination and Models of Religious Education
- RLE 711 Leadership and Religious Education
- THD 700 The Lasallian Tradition
- “Extending Lasallian Charism: Its Texts and Lived Contexts for the Spirituality of Teachers” Boston College, 2008
- “Women in the Lasallian World” De La Salle Today, Vol. VII, No. 2, Summer, 2011: 18-22.
- “The Conduct of Gratuitous Schools Today: Realities and Challenges” De La Salle Today, Vol. V, No. 2, Summer, 2009, 13-16.
- “Sharing Our Bread and Ourselves: New Possibilities for International Religious Education Assisted by Electronic Communication Technologies” Presented November 2010 Annual Convention of the Religious Education Association/Association of Professors and Professional Researchers in Religious Education (REA/APPRRE), Denver, CO.
Francis Berna, Ph.D.
Theology and Ministry Graduate Studies
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.