At La Salle, there is a University-wide commitment to undergraduate teaching that is rooted in the Christian Brothers, the largest Catholic teaching order in the world. In the Honors Program, you’ll work with the Brothers and many other stimulating teachers, including distinguished visiting professors from the business community, government, and other universities. You will benefit from:
- Small classes with an average size of 18.
- Outstanding faculty, many of whom have received the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching, the highest honor La Salle bestows on its faculty.
- Distinguished visiting lecturers. Recent lecturers include:
- Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States
- Sebastian Barry, Irish novelist, playwright, and poet
- Alice McDermott, author and winner of the National Book Award for her novel Charming Billy
- In-depth discussions.
- Creative and open-ended projects, exams, and papers.
- The opportunity to pursue your own interests with faculty guidance through independent research.