header graphic

Dear Honors Alumni,

I am glad to say that I am the new Chair of the Alumni Relations Committee. I certainly have big shoes to fill because Thomas Shattuck did an excellent job of maintaining a strong momentum in our attempts to reconnect alumni to the
Honors Program. Tom and the Honors Board’s former president, Andrew Thum, continued their dedication to you by working diligently with the Board to plan the recent 50th anniversary celebration. I was glad to meet many of you at the event. It was a special evening for alumni, faculty, and students to bond over the La Salle Honors experience that we cherish.

Elizabeth Fehl

Aside from the 50th anniversary celebration, the Honors Program always has much to celebrate with the success of its current students, faculty, and alumni. My goal is to continue to share these stories with you through future alumni newsletters. Please contact me if you have anything that you would like to share through the newsletter in the “Alumni Notes” section.

An alumnus suggested that there should be a section on the “little things” that alumni do for their communities, since those little things add up to make a huge impact. I think that this is a wonderful idea. It would be awesome to have a section of the newsletter sharing the ways that you contribute to your communities, continuing the Lasallian tradition of service. Please e-mail me with any service work that you may currently be doing, whether it is coaching, mentoring, working with the homeless, etc. This could be a great way to get others to support your efforts, or you can find ways to become involved again, reviving your Lasallian spirit!

Your comments are always welcome, and please join our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LasalleHonors. This page is updated with news and information about the
Honors Program. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Fehl, ’15, Nursing
Chair, Honors Alumni Relations
fehle1@student.lasalle.edu

© Copyright 2012 La Salle University 1900 W. Olney Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19141