Requirements for Major in International Business: 4 courses (5 for RMI minors) plus an international experience(s) as follows:
Four Courses—3 from Category A and 1 from Category B, or 4 from Category A*:
- BUS 300
- ECN 331 OR ECN 333
- FIN 4032
- MGT 356**
- MKT 305**
- Any School of Business-sponsored travel study course**
- ECN 276 (CROSS-LISTED AS HIS/POL 276)
- ECN 330
- ECN 332 (CROSS-LISTED AS HIS/POL 332)
- POL 240
- EDC 218
* RMI minors take 3 from A and 2 from B, or 4 from A and 1 from B.
** These courses can be counted toward either the primary major or the international business major, but not both. Finance, management, MIS, and marketing majors need 9 courses altogether (5 in their primary major and 4 in international business). Accounting majors need 12 courses altogether (8 in accounting and 4 in international business).
International Experience(s) Requirement can be met by any of the following***:
- Study abroad
- Two travel/study courses (these can be business or non-business courses)
- An approved internship/co-op in another country
- One travel/study course plus a domestic co-op or internship with a significant international component
*** Other significant international experience will be considered upon application to the Program Director.