Susan C. Borkowski, Ph.D.
Dr. Susan Borkowski, Ph.D., has been with the University since 1989, and is a Professor in the Department of Accounting. She is the SAP Curriculum Coordinator and faculty liaison for SAP and the University, and regularly teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in managerial and cost accounting, and in accounting information systems. Before coming to La Salle University, Dr. Borkowski was staff assistant for budget and finance to Vice President Walter Mondale in Washington, D.C., a systems consultant to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency in both Washington D.C. and Philadelphia, and a manager with Computer Data Systems, Inc. in Bethesda, Maryland. She is the author of numerous scholarly and professional articles on current accounting issues and developments, has served as a consultant to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and various corporations, and is the recipient of research grants from UNCTAD, the Government of Canada, and the Association of International Education Administrators.
Areas of Expertise
- International Business
- Managerial Accounting
- Enterprise Resource Systems
- Accounting Information Systems
- Temple University, Ph.D. Accounting, 1988
- University of Maryland, MBA Organizational Behavior and Development, 1979
- Rutgers University, B.S. Accounting, 1975
- Saint Peter’s College, B.S. Biology, 1973
- 1998 – Present, Professor of Accounting and Integrated Science, Business, and Technology, La Salle University
- 1993 – 1998, Associate Professor of Accounting, La Salle University
- 1989 – 1993, Assistant Professor of Accounting, La Salle University
- 1987 – 1989, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Rutgers University
- 1986 – 1987, Instructor, Temple University
Borkowski, Susan C. “Com-PATA-bility Twenty-Five Years Later: The History of PATA and Its Effect on Advance Pricing Agreements and Mutual Agreement Procedures.” Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation 17.1 (2008). Print.
Borkowski, Susan C., Rose Marie Bukics, and Mary Jeanne Welsh. “The Technology Generation; Are We on the Same Page?” PICPA Journal 78.3 (2007). Print.
Borkowski, Susan C. Foreword. Transfer Pricing Audits in China. Palgrave Macmillan, 2007. Print.
Borkowski, Susan C. “Transfer Pricing Turnover Revisited: An Analysis of Pending and Resolved Litigation.” International Tax Journal 32.4 (2006). Print.
Borkowski, Susan C., and Anne Walsh. “The Links That Bind: A Review of Professional Network in the Health Care Industry.” Journal of Applied of Business and Economics 6.4 (2006). Print.
Borkowski, Susan C., and Anne Walsh. “Professional Associations in the Health Care Industry: Factors Affecting Female Executive Participation.” Women in Management Review 21.5 (2006). Print.