CQ Political Reference Suite
The Connelly Library is happy to announce that we are now subscribers to CQ Political Reference Suite, a new electronic source which gives easy access to some of the major publications of Congressional Quarterly.
Included in the Political Reference Suite are the following publications:
- Historic Documents Series 1972-2005
- Political Handbook of the World
- CQ’s Politics in America
- Supreme Court Yearbook Series 1989-2005
- Vital Statistics on American Politics
- Washington Information Directory
- Congress and the Nation Series 1945-2004
Each resource can be browsed or searched individually. In addition, they can be searched collectively using the search box at the top of the screen. Some more information on each title:
Historic Documents Series 1972-2005 (will be updated annually)
- Research the most important primary source documents from the last three decades.
- Read expert commentary and analysis that sets each year’s events in context.
- Perform advanced searches for documents by subject, date, and more.
- Appropriate for research on current events, U.S. history, international affairs, political science, public policy, and more.
Political Handbook of the World (annual)
- Quickly find current, in-depth political information on more than 200 countries.
- Search and browse country profiles based on political characteristics.
- Find important information including names of key ambassadors, international memberships of each country, and profiles of over 120 intergovernmental organizations.
- Appropriate for research on international relations, political science, public policy, comparative government.
CQ’s Politics in America (every two years)
- Access lively, unbiased profiles and assessments of every member of the U.S. Congress.
- Search the full database of member profiles back to the year 2000, or limit searches by state, member, or political party.
- Research key votes, interest-group ratings, election results, state and district information, biographical data, contact information, and other member facts.
- Appropriate for research on U.S government, public policy, current events, and more.
- Supreme Court Yearbook Series 1989-2006 (updated annually)
- Search and browse sixteen years of expert coverage of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Read case summaries of every opinion during each court term.
View helpful tables and figures on voting patterns and constitutional law.
- Appropriate for research on legal studies, U.S. history, politics, current events, public policy, and more.
Vital Statistics on American Politics 2007-2008
- Research key data on U.S. elections, the U.S. Congress, the presidency, the Supreme Court, public opinion, and more.
- Access over 200 helpful tables and figures.
- Export and download data into Microsoft Excel®.
- Appropriate for research on politics, public policy, U.S. government, legal studies, and more.
Congress and the Nation Series: 1945-2004 (updated every 3 years)
- Navigate seamlessly through all eleven volumes of this definitive resource documenting nearly 60 years of the events, trends, and controversies in the U.S. Congress and the presidency.
- Access in-depth review and analysis of legislation and policy during each Congressional session and presidential term.
- View tables, graphs, and charts that help explain vital issues.
- Appropriate for research on politics, U.S. history, government, political science, legal studies, public policy, business regulation, and more.
For more information, click here.