If you have used Electronic Reserve in the past or if you are new to Electronic Reserve you have the option to have us add your items to the library catalog (Library Electronic Reserve), Canvas (Canvas Electronic Reserve), or both.
All files authenticate using a myLaSalle login. If you use Library Electronic Reserve (through the library catalog), students will still be prompted to enter their credentials before viewing content. Canvas Electronic Reserve requires no additional authentication once the student is logged in to your class.
How it Works:
- Fill Out the Electronic Reserve form found here: http://www.lasalle.edu/ConnellyLibrary/forms/EReserveForm.pdf
- Remember to check the box indicating that the items listed should also be placed on Canvas.
- Either print out the form and bring it to the Circulation Desk or hit the “Submit this Form” button at the bottom of the form.
- Log in to Canvas with your mylasalle portal credentials.
- Head to the course into which you’d like the reserves placed and click on People in the course navigation menu.
- Click on the + People button and enter Christopher Kibler’s email address.
- Choose Designer as the role and click on Next.
- Click on Add Users to allow Christopher access to the course to add the reserve files.
You will then need to direct students to the files, as they can access them in a number of ways. Depending on your course design, you may want to provide links to the files in Modules, Pages, or Files. If you’d like assistance determining which method best suits your course, please contact any member of the Instructional Design team.
We are also able to copy any documents to Canvas Electronic Reserve that you currently have on Library Electronic Reserve.