NBC Learn K-12
NBC Learn K-12 subscription includes:
- Over 10,000 resources - short 2 to 5 minute videos are engaging, relevant and inspiring, and help students develop critical thinking skills.
- Current events - updated daily Monday-Friday, use these resources to help connect the real world to the classroom.
- Aligned to state standards and the common core - search titles by state, subject, and grade level.
- Mapped to curriculum - resources aligned to 28 K-12 subject areas including Social Studies, Science, Business and Personal Finance, Language Arts, and Health & Wellness.
- Personal playlists - keep resources organized or share them with others.
- Safe and trustworthy - each resource is selected to be K-12 appropriate, and held to the highest NBC News Standards and Practices.
- Interactive CueCard - patent pending media player makes downloading, annotating, citing and embedding resources fun and easy.
- Emmy award-winning original video - NBC Learn series including “Science of NFL Football,” “Science of the Olympic Winter Games,” “Chemistry NOW!” and “Finishing the Dream: Learning from the Civil Rights Era.”
The NBC Learn content collections:
Related Subjects: Education
- Over 10,000 resources aligned to 28 K-12 subject areas including more than 80 years of archival NBC News materials from 1920 to the present.
- Demonstrate relevancy with Current Events, updated daily Monday-Friday
- Bring history alive with thousands of videos plus hundreds of historical documents from the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
- STEM-related content supports core sciences of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Sciences, Computer Sciences, and Environment Sciences.
- Original and engaging instructional content in vocabulary and grammar plus hundreds of reading and writing topics
- Interviews with authors, essayists, and writers of note on some of the significant works of the 20th century.
- Health and Wellness resources support the latest breakthroughs in physical, mental, and regulating health issues.
- Learn about economics, banking, investing, and entrepreneurship in our Business and Personal Finance section.
- Resources include a full set of bibliographic information including a printable transcript, closed captioning (videos), copyright, source, etc.
| For subject help, try our LibGuides