Home » Distance Education Students
As a distance education student, you have access to all library electronic resources, including RefWorks, full-text databases, and article requests via interlibrary loan
Please Note: Access to the library’s databases is authenticated by your MyLaSalle login. You do not need to update your library record to access full-text databases. You may also login to submit an interlibrary loan using your La Salle student ID number OR your library bar code. Please be aware that you must have an updated library record in order to login.
Tips for Online Research
- To use the Library online databases, you will need to enter your USER ID and PASSWORD. If you have followed the directions and your password still doesn’t work, please call the Librarian at the Connelly Library Information Desk at 215.951.1287 or E-mail us.
- Review items under the “Research” menu tab and check out the “Library News” for the latest insider tips for making your research more productive.
- In ProQuest and FirstSearch use the advanced search screens that give you three lines for search terms.
- If your search has not been very productive, find a few relevant articles and look at the “subject” or “descriptor” lines to find ideas for better search terms.
Locating Books and Articles
- Remember that not everything that is listed in the Library databases is in the Library or available online…to find out what the Library has, check the Connelly Library Catalog. Also remember that you can search the catalog while you are in Article Locater.
- Give yourself plenty of time for ordering journal articles. Here is a general idea of delivery times from fastest to slowest:
- ONLINE PERIODICAL OR JOURNAL ARTICLES can be printed immediately at home (any pc with internet access). Follow this link then select Fulltext Periodicals available thru this catalog.
- ARTICLES IN JOURNALS OWNED BY CONNELLY LIBRARY will be scanned and e-mailed to you in 2 – 4 days.
- ARTICLES IN JOURNALS NOT OWNED BY CONNELLY, must be ordered through INTERLIBRARY LOAN or ordered through a FirstSearch database. Documents ordered through ILL will take one to two weeks or more.
- If you are using the ILL (Interlibrary Loan) order form in a FirstSearch database, remember to type “DISTANCE EDUCATION STUDENT ” in the “Comments” section.
Use the Article Locatoer link in the database to dermine whether or not the Connelly Library has the item. Read about Article Locator here.
Unsure of what electronic resource to use? Try Summon.
Need to Submit an Interlibrary Loan?
Update your record here.
Need a Photocopy from a Print Journal that the Library Owns?
Update your record here.
Submit Your Request here.