Health Care Systems Around the World: A Comparative Guide – Online!
Date Posted: November 14, 2013
Health care is very much in the news right now. This new e-book offers a comparative look at health care systems all around the world, including the United States.
This concise reference provides a one-stop point of research that examines major aspects of health care systems for over 190 countries worldwide. In a consistent format, ten major health care categories are systematically examined for each country: 1. Emergency Health Services; 2. Costs of Hospitalization; 3. Costs of Drugs; 4. Major Health Issues; 5. Government Role in Health Care; 6. Insurance; 7. Access to Health Care; 8. Health Care Facilities; 9. Health Care Personnel (doctor level of training, etc.); and 10. Public Health Programs. The volume is organized in alphabetical order of country names. Each country is presented on a two- or three-page spread with the same descriptive and statistical content, allowing readers to compare health care systems from country to country. For example, a reader may compare costs of drugs in France versus the United States versus Canada. Each country spread will feature short entries on the ten health care categories accompanied by charts, table, and photos as appropriate. The work culminates as a unique and essential resource for pre-med and medical students, as well as researchers in sociology, economics, and the health management fields.
CINAHL Complete – now available at La Salle
Date Posted: October 8, 2013
The Largest Full-Text Collection of Nursing and Allied Health Literature Available
CINAHL Complete is the world’s most comprehensive source of full-text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index, with no embargo. CINAHL Complete is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing & allied health literature and supports nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers.
- Full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL
- Indexing for more than 5,000 Journals
- Searchable Cited References for more than 1,460 journals
- Author Affiliations
- Full text dating back to 1937
- Deep full text for a number of titles
- More than 3.9 million records dating back to 1937
- Over 130 Evidence-based Care Sheets
- Nearly 170 Quick Lessons providing Overviews of Disease and Conditions
- 170 Continuing Education Modules
- Full text for 360 Research Instrument Records
Political Handbook of the World – new edition!
Date Posted: September 25, 2013
Political Handbook of the World 2013 edition is now out.
For eighty years, researchers seeking government and political information on countries around the globe have turned to Political Handbook of the World for the most authoritative and complete presentation of facts and analysis.
Political Handbook of the World provides thorough and accurate information on the major aspects of each country’s government and political party system. As a convenient, one-volume print source for global political information, each edition features country profiles that include:
- Key facts: Political status, area, population, major urban centers, official language, monetary unit, heads of government, heads of state, ambassadors, and U.S. and U.N. representation.
- Government and political history: Historical trends, regime changes, constitutional history, and regional and global policy issues of concern.
- Current Issues: Headline-making events, trends, controversies, and challenges.
- Political parties and organizations: Leading and minor parties, quasi-partisan and extra-systemic organizations, alliances, party histories, ideology, and leadership.
- Legislatures and cabinets: Recent national election results, legislative leaders, cabinet ministers.
- Communications: Names, circulation, and political affiliation of major national media; news agencies; television coverage and Internet usage.
In addition to the United Nations and its specialized agencies, the Handbook profiles a number of intergovernmental organizations, such as the African Union, OPEC, NATO, the WTO, regional banks, and the International Criminal Court.
The online edition of Political Handbook of the World combines the same comprehensive country and intergovernmental organization profiles from the print edition with a convenient, user-friendly database that organizes the content with a number of browses. Major political events that have occurred since the publication of the print volume have been included as notes at the beginning of affected entries. Users can quickly access content from the Handbook by navigating a virtual table of contents, performing a keyword search, or browsing for country profiles by:
- Regime Type
- Party System
- Electoral System
- System of Government