|Interested in earning graduate credit for a social media certificate? Learn more about La Salle University’s Graduate Certificate in Social and New Media. >>|
We live in an age of social media. What was a nonexistent field just 10 years ago is a driving force behind business today. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers relating to social media will increase 24 percent from 2008 to 2018. Social media is not only a growing field, but it is also bringing with it tremendous job opportunity. Simply Hired reports a national average salary of $82,000 for social media marketers.
La Salle University is proud to offer a Social Media Professional Certificate and Social Media Strategist Certificate. This is a cutting-edge program, designed to teach the business applications of social media communication. This self-paced online program is convenient, practical, and affordable, with the flexibility to begin at a time that works best for you.
Students have access to the program for six months from the date of enrollment. Further access extensions may be purchased for a fee. Upon successful completion of the program, students will have access to the program for one month.
Social Media Professional Certificate
The Social Media Professional Certificate is designed for individuals with little experience with social media, or those who are looking to gain in-depth knowledge so they can control social media to build and extend brand awareness, better serve current customers, and leverage social media for new customers. After completing this program, individuals will be prepared for roles such as social media specialist, digital media project manager, or online community manager.
The Social Media Professional Certificate is a standalone program, or it can be taken as a prerequisite for those students seeking to obtain the Social Media Strategist Certificate. The Social Media Professional Certificate is composed of two courses designed to help students understand social media and utilize its full potential. The Social Media Professional Certificate courses are:
- Understanding Social Media
- Planning and Implementing Digital Media Campaigns
Topics covered in these courses include:
- What is Social Media and Why it Matters
- Guiding Principles for Social Media Marketing
- Understanding Social Objects, Paid Media, Earned Media, Own Media, and Content Curation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Optimization
- Traditional Search, Real-Time Search, and Social Search
- Social Media Legal and Ethics
- Identifying Your Target Audience
- Understanding Technographics and Social Media Maturity
- Identifying and Building Your Tribe
- Content Creation and Calendaring
- Engaging with the Community
- Leading and Supporting the Community
- Creating Brand Evangelists
- Social Media Campaign Monitoring
- Monitoring for Campaign Effectiveness
- Monitoring to Manage Reputation
- Social Media Time and Project Management
- Social Media Publish Tools
- Creating a Social Media Project Plan
- Case Studies
Tuition for the Social Media Professional Certificate is $2,500.
Enrollments are currently being accepted by visiting the Dalton Education Web site.
Program access begins on November 15, 2013.
Social Media Strategist Certificate—COMING SPRING 2014
Social Media Strategist Certificate is the program for students seeking a greater mastery of social media strategy, organizational development, measurement, and analytics. After completing this program, individuals will be qualified for the roles of social media strategist or director of digital media. The Social Media Strategist Certificate consists of two courses:
- Social Media Strategy Fundamentals and Developing a Social Strategy
- Social Media Organizational Development, Measurement, and Analytics
Topics covered in these courses include:
- Social Business Opportunity
- Understanding Consumer Needs
- Integrated Marketing Approach
- Social Sale Cycle
- Gaining Consumer Preference
- Helping Consumers Build Consensus
- Using Social Media to Build Awareness
- Aligning Mission, Vision, and Values
- Communicating Your Social Strategy
- Social Media Change Management
- Aligning with Business Financial Objectives
- Segmenting by Products and Service
- Identifying Influencers
- Engaging Mass Mavens and Mass Connectors
- Finding Conversation Triggers
- Selecting the Appropriate Social Networking Sites
- Selecting the Appropriate Devices
- Integrating Your Social Initiatives
- Social Media Management Systems
- Internal Readiness Plan
- Understanding QR Codes
- Integrating Print and Offline with Digital Media
- E-mail Marketing and Social Media
- Integrating your Social Media Strategy
- Creating a Social Media Policy and Escalation Process
- Internal Training Programs
- Ongoing Training Programs and Resources
- Building a Social Media Training Program
- Creating a Social Media Dashboard
- Creating Actionable Metrics
- Social Media Data Integration
- Case Studies
COMING DECEMBER 2013
Upon the completion of a certificate program, students will receive a Social Media Professional or Social Media Strategist Certificate from La Salle University. This program is offered in partnership with Dalton Education, a leading provider of innovative online education. This program consists of providing students with the highest quality education through premier university partners and industry leading experts.
For more information about the Social Media Professional Certificate and to enroll, contact Dalton Education.
About Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean is a seasoned digital and social media strategist with more than 15 years of experience consulting with senior executives to implement consumer engagement, user experience, and online marketing initiatives. Dean has led global projects and worked with two Fortune 500 companies.
Dean is a recognized expert in the field of social media. He is a regular instructor, guest speaker, and panelist on the subject of social media at conferences around the country. Dean has been featured and quoted in trade journals and television reports on the trends and effects of social media on business.
Kevin is the author of The Social Strategy Map.
Follow Kevin Dean on Twitter: @kevinjdean.