The Certificate in Professional and Business Communication is an 18-credit program requiring all certificate students to complete:
The three-course core, consisting of
- COM 601: Professional Communication Ethics
- COM 602: Effective Presentations
- COM 603: Strategies for Professional Writing
Three elective courses, chosen from among the following:
- COM 608 Intercultural Communication and Organizational Life
- COM 610 Leadership and Interpersonal Communication
- COM 612 Organizational Communication
- COM 613 Approaches to PR
- COM 614 Communication and Conflict
- COM 615 Persuasion
- COM 616 Group and Team Communication
- COM 619 PR Campaigns (pre-requisite Com 613)
- COM 621 Communication Training and Development
- COM 623 Public Relations Writing and Media Relations
Students may select their elective courses to specialize in certain areas. Please consult with the graduate program director for more information.
Certificate recipients must complete their course work with a minimum 2.75 grade point average.
Students who finish the Certificate with a 3.0 g.p.a. may continue with the M.A. program. All the Certificate courses will count toward the M.A. Students must notify the Graduate Director of their intent to enter the MA program at least one semester before their admission.
Pamela Lannutti, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director
Professional and Business Communication
Department of Communication
1900 West Olney Avenue - South Campus
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.