DEADLINE FOR FALL APPLICATIONS IS February 1, 2015!
We only accept applications for Admission through the CSDCAS Portal https://portal.csdcas.org/
In order to be considered for admission to the M.S. in SLP graduate program, the materials noted below must be completed, submitted, and VERIFIED by CSDCAS by February 1, 2015.
You must have a background in communication sciences and disorders also known as speech-language-hearing science. This can be demonstrated by majoring in speech-language-hearing science or communication sciences and disorders on the undergraduate level or completing required prerequisite courses. Please see our online prerequisite completion program PreSLP. We will not review applications from applicants who do not have the required background.
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- All Materials must be submitted to the CSDCAS centralized application service, which will not open before September 17, 2014: https://portal.csdcas.org/ These materials include the following:
- Online application to https://portal.csdcas.org/
- CSDCAS Application fee
- A personal essay in 300 to 500 words, describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study in speech-language pathology. Please include why you are choosing La Salle University. We are interested in reading about your career goals as well as your clinical and research interests. You can also include any special life experiences that you believe will further demonstrate your qualifications.
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which are academic references, meaning those by someone who taught you during your college career and can speak to the level of your academic work.
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate studies and graduate studies
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past five years sent to CSDCAS. Our Designated Institution Code, assigned to La Salle University CSDCAS, is 0717.
Please note that verification may take several weeks, after the application is submitted. No application will be considered for admission that has not been verified by CSDCAS by the February 1 deadline. Verification means that applicants must have their application authenticated by CSDCAS (GPA calculation completed) by the February 1 deadline. To ensure the application is verified on time, applications must be completed (e-submitted, payment received, and transcripts received) at least four weeks in advance of the deadline date. You can view the status of your application by logging on to the CSDCAS site.
In order not to be disappointed, please get your application materials to CSDCAS by January 1, 2015. It is your responsibility to meet the deadline.
CSDCAS Address - All official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at the address below:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
CSDCAS Customer Service information. Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST
Phone – 617.612.2030
E-Mail – email@example.com
- For more information about our program and data on accepted students in previous years, please visit ASHA's HES Web site here.
- In order for students to meet 2014 ASHA certification standards (see http://www.asha.org/Certification/2014-Speech-Language-Pathology-Certification-Standards/ ), applicants to La Salle University's Speech-Language-Hearing Science Program must have a background in communication sciences and disorders also known as speech-language-hearing science. Applications of students without a background in communication sciences and disorders will not be reviewed. La Salle University recommends 10-11 prerequisite courses (see PreSLP). All 10-11 prerequisites do not have to be completed at the time of application, but you should have transcript grades for at least six communication sciences and disorders courses at the time of application so that the Admission Committee can evaluate your performance in this subject matter. In certain situations, students may complete some necessary prerequisites simultaneously with graduate study. Students must fulfill prerequisite requirements prior to obtaining the master's degree.
- The Admissions Committee considers each applicant's accomplishments, experiences, and personal qualities as reflected in his/her personal statement and letters of recommendation. Special consideration may be made on the basis of having successfully completed substantial graduate coursework in a related discipline, or noteworthy contributions to the field. A personal interview may be required. We invite applications from all students who have a strong commitment to excellence in caring for those with communication disorders.
Apply online here.
- The Verification Application Deadline is February 1, 2015.
- Verification means that CSDCAS has authenticated the materials you have submitted online, and this process may take several weeks. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application to CSDCAS at least four weeks before the due date for verified applications (February 1).
Director and Professor
M.S. in Speech-Language Pathology Program
La Salle University
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141 USA
La Salle University reserves the right to alter or change this information
at any time, without notice.