To be accepted for admission into the program, a student must present the following:
- Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLNAC- or CCNE-accredited program or the MSN Bridge program for those R.N.s with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree. Undergraduate coursework must include an introductory statistics course (including inferential and descriptive) and an undergraduate nursing research course. Students who have earned a GPA of 3.2 or higher in their undergraduate program may be formally accepted into the Master of Science program upon receipt of all required documents for admission and a review by the Graduate Nursing Admissions and Progressions committee.
- Students with an undergraduate BSN GPA of less than 3.2 are required to present test scores from the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), MAT (Miller Analogies Test) or GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test), to be considered for admission into the program. Students should aim for a score above the 50th percentile for the verbal and quantitative sections. Please submit the GREs or MATs scores with your application.
- In addition, those students applying to the MSN/MBA dual-degree track must take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) and be accepted by the MBA Program. For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Montgomery Hospital must first accept those students applying to the Nurse Anesthetist Track. Please contact the Frank J. Tornetta School directly at 484.622.7280 for an application packet.
- Part of the application process includes an interview. Interviews with selected candidates are scheduled following committee review of the completed application. During the interview, you will be asked to write a one page philosophy statement articulating your professional values, future educational goals, and the reason for your track selection.
- Current R.N. licensure in the United States.
- Two letters of reference from professors or supervisors. At least one reference must be an academic reference.
- One year of relevant clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Professional résumé.
- The online Application for Admission.
Please note that the completed application needs to be submitted for consideration.
The application deadline dates are:
- Summer Semester start – 4/1/2015
- Fall Semester start – 7/15/2015
- Spring Semester start – 12/1/2015
The Graduate Admissions Committee meets at scheduled intervals during the year.
Students desiring to audit courses or take a course as a non-degree student must apply for admission in the same manner as MSN candidates.
All students are assigned a track faculty coordinator upon formal acceptance to the graduate program. The faculty coordinators are available by appointment for student advisement concerning course selection any time during the academic year and especially during the pre-registration period. Students may also contact the Graduate Nursing Program Director for advisement.
Please contact the MBA program concerning the University’s free GMAT prep classes at 215-951-1057 or email email@example.com.