- Completed evening program application
- Official High school transcripts
- Official transcripts for any college/university previously attended
- Cleared criminal record and cleared child abuse clearances from PA and state of residence
- The National League of Nursing Pre-Entrance RN Exam is required of ALL applicants to the ACHIEVE Program (register here)
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required of any student requesting an international credit evaluation and any student who has attended secondary school in a foreign country. The TOEFL is also required for any student whose primary language is not English and for any student for whom the Admissions and Academic Standards Committee deems a language/communication evaluation is necessary.
- If currently or previously enrolled in an ASN, ADN or BSN program: written confirmation of good academic standing in that program must be submitted by a program representative; admission to La Salle University’s program will not be granted to anyone who has failed out of a prior Nursing program.
Send all applications, transcripts, clearances, and test scores to:
La Salle University
Office of Adult Enrollment, Box 826
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
- A minimum of 67 of the required 70 credits in the liberal arts and sciences (listing of courses)
- Grade of “C” or higher in Developmental Psychology, Nutrition, and Statistics
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Science GPA of 3.0; which includes Chemistry (4cr), Microbiology (4cr), Anatomy & Physiology I (4cr), and Anatomy & Physiology II (4 cr); no individual science course grade may be lower than a “C”; students may only repeat one science one-time in order to achieve the required 3.0 GPA or required minimum course grade
Prior to formal acceptance into the nursing major, all students must be interviewed by the Assistant Director of the Evening/Weekend program who will then present each student’s academic file for review by the undergraduate Nursing Program’s Admissions and Academic Standards Committee. This review does not require a separate application for admission. However, formal acceptance into the clinical courses of the major through this review is required. This review consists of both academic and non-academic requirements, including criteria such as (but not limited to) the student’s overall GPA, science GPA, criminal background and health history. A cleared child abuse check, a cleared criminal record check from the state of Pennsylvania and primary residence state, and a cleared FBI nationwide fingerprint check must be current (i.e., within 6 months of starting the nursing major courses).
- Fall semester cohort at the Main campus
- Spring semester cohort at the Bucks County Center