Program Goals and Outcomes
The Undergraduate Nursing Program strives to do the following:
- Students are competent for baccalaureate nursing practice
- Students develop holistic practice perspectives for improved client outcomes in a diverse, global society.
- Students demonstrate beginning leadership skills to effect change using evidence-based nursing practice and service to improve the health of society.
- Students are prepared to assume the roles and responsibilities of the nursing profession.
BSN End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrate liberal education as a basis for holistic nursing practice.
- Exhibit leadership attributes to promote safe, quality care for diverse clients across a variety of settings.
- Synthesize principles of evidence-based practice in the care of diverse clients across the lifespan.
- Analyze data from information systems and health care technologies to promote safe, cost-effective, quality healthcare.
- Practice as an advocate in complex health care delivery systems.
- Communicate effectively as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team to promote optimal outcomes.
- Engage in partnerships with diverse clients across the lifespan to promote health and prevent disease.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for caring, professional nursing practice.
- Practice culturally congruent, holistic, client-centered nursing care to address complex needs of clients across the lifespan.