The Admission Committee of the MBA Program is concerned with each applicant’s interest, aptitude, and potential for achievement in graduate business studies. The structure of the program lends itself to those students with or without an undergraduate degree in business.
Before an applicant will be evaluated, applicants must submit the following information:
1. Application form
2. Application fee (waived for online applicants)
3. Official transcripts from all schools attended
4. Test scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or, with permission of the Director, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
5. Professional resume
Based on prior academic and/orprofessional success, the admission requireent to take the GMAT/GRE may be waived or deferred. Please see section below “Waiver of GMAT or GRE.”
All documents should be submitted to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University—Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141-1199
215.951.1100 / Fax 215.951.1462
Because each applicant’s background and profile is unique, the Admission Committee does not establish specific quantitative minimum requirements for admission; however, it does adhere to the accreditation standards established by AACSB.
Please refer to the University’s Nondiscrimination Policy in the General Reference section of this catalog. Admission is based solely upon an applicant’s qualifications.
In addition to the requirements above, international candidates are required to:
• Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have their test scores forwarded to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University
• Take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and have their test scores forwarded to the Office of Graduate Enrollment at La Salle University.
• Note: The TOEFL and IELTS exams are not required when the applicant can demonstrate proficiency, has an undergraduate degree from a university in the United States or an institution in another country where English is the language of instruction. The minimum scores for the TOEFL are: 230 computer-based score, and 88 Internetbased score. The minimum score for the IELTS is 6.0.
• Have their academic credentials from foreign institutions evaluated course-by-course by World Education Services (wes.org) or a similar organization. The evaluation must be sent to La Salle by. This thirdparty evaluation is required to process your application.
Upon receipt of the documents above, candidates may be interviewed by phone or internet-based conferencing Skype prior to final admission decisions.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. The test requirement may be waived in certain cases when:
• English language proficiency can otherwise be demonstrated.
• An international student has earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from a college or university in the United States.
• A student has earned a degree from an institution in another country where English is the language of instruction.
There five application deadlines throughout the year, as admissions to the program are made throughout the year. They occur 10 business days before the start of each term. However, we recommend that all application documents including official transcripts be received as soon as possible. The start of each term is provided on the academic calendar.
Is not available for online MBA students.
Waiver of GMAT or GRE Requirement
Applicants with an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB accredited program who have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 or above are not required to complete the GMAT or GRE exam for admission into the program.
The GMAT (or GRE) could be waived for applicants if they meet the one of the following:
• Have an undergraduate business degree from an AACSB-accredited University and have
o An overall GPA of 3.2 or above,
o An overall GPA of 3.0 or above and 3 years of professional experience, or
o More than 5 years of professional experience.
• Hold a CFA Charter or CPA license or have passed the CPA or CFA certifying exams.
• Earned master’s degree or higher from a graduate program accredited program in its discipline
The GMAT/GRE can be deferred and eventually waived if an applicant has graduated with a 3.0 GPA in any undergraduate discipline and has at least 2 years of business experience. These students take up to four (4) courses in the program. If the student achieves a B- or better in each course and an overall GPA of 3.3, the GMAT/GRE will be waived.
An applicant may request the transfer of graduate credit(s) earned at another AACSB-accredited institution prior to being admitted to the La Salle MBA program. Each request will be evaluated on its own merits, but the student must have received a grade of “B” or better for the course to be considered for transfer. No more than six hours of graduate credit hours (in total for the program) can be transferred.
Transferred specialization courses will only count towards fulfilling the General Business Administration Specialization requirements, as specializations (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Business Systems and Analytics and Management) are only granted for courses completed at La Salle University.