Summit Academic Boot Camp, plus supplemental FYO 100 activities
- Summit students complete a variety of academic activities during Academic Boot Camp. The grades for these assignments count toward the students’ FYO 100 course.
Two Summit-specific foundation courses (INST 105 and INST 106)
- INST 105 and INST 106 introduce Summit students to a college-level workload, with attention to critical reading, thinking, and writing. Students are expected to analyze, critique, and evaluate readings in both class discussion and writing.
A Limited Course Load
- Summit students take FOUR courses during the first semester of their first year, including INST 105.
Intensive Advising & Academic Support
- Summit students meet at least THREE times per semester with Summit’s
Academic Achievement Coordinator.
- Summit students complete at least TWO hours per week of Academic Support, which students can complete using any combination of nine different services.
Early Warning of Academic Risk
- Summit students must earn a Fall GPA of at least 2.0.
- Summit students must earn INST 105 and INST 106 grades of C- or better.
- Our staff tracks each student’s progress using La Salle’s Early Alert System and midterm grades. Students at risk of not meeting these requirements will receive a warning letter just after midterm.