Fall 2007 Lecture Series
more information, contact Cornelia Tsakiridou (215-951-1558),
or Sharon Ballard (215-951-1015).
All events of the Diplomat-In-Residence Program are free and
open to the public.
Notice: This month the Dalai Lama is to receive the United States Congressional Gold Medal "in recognition of his enduring and outstanding contribution to peace, non-violence, human rights, and religious understanding." Click here for additional details.
The Monks of Drepung Goman Monastery (India)
(Co-sponsored by the La Salle Art Museum)
The Drepung Monks return to La Salle for a week long program that will include: construction of a sand Mandala in the Art Museum, lectures on the fundamentals of Buddhism and a live debate in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition with monks being tested on Buddhist tenets.
Monday October 8, 2007
Tuesday October 9, 2007 (12:30 - 1:45 p.m.). - Dunleavy Room or Quad (weather permitting)
- Start of 4 Day Mandala painting of Chenrezig with daily Puja (prayer)
- thangka exhibit, University Art Museum (10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Wednesday October 10, 2007 (1:00 to 2:00 p.m.) - Dunleavy Room or the Quad
- The Venerable Geshe Lharampa Lobzang Samdup, "Fundamentals of Buddhist Philosophy and Practice"
Thursday October 11, 2007 (12:45 to 2:00 p.m.): University Art Museum
- "Debating the Buddha," a demonstration of lively Tibetan Buddhist monastic debate by Drepung Gomang monks
- Chenrezig Mandala Dismantling Ceremony and procession
You can visit The monks’ website at www.gomang.org/newsletter.html