Kelly McClure, Ph.D.
Wister Hall M-12
Dr. McClure is a cognitive-behaviorally oriented clinical psychologist with expertise in the treatment and assessment of depression, social problem solving, problem-solving therapy, and psycho-oncology. She has published books, book chapters, and peer-reviewed articles in all of these areas. In addition, she regularly presents her research at the annual convention of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy. In her free time, Dr. McClure enjoys hiking and creative writing.
Areas of Expertise
- Social problem solving
- Licensed Psychologist (Pennsylvania)
- Postdoctoral: The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Division of Oncology
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, Drexel University
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Drexel University
- B.A., Psychology, Loyola University, Maryland
- PSY 330 Research Design I
- PSY 711: Issues in Human Diversity
- PSY 794: Practicum Seminar
- PSY 795: Practicum Seminar
Tverdov, A., McClure, K.S., Brownsberger, M. & Armstrong, S.L. (2016). Family Needs at a Post-Acute Rehabilitation Setting and Suggestions for Supports, Brain Injury. Doi: 10.3109/02699052.2015.1113566
Nezu, A. M., McClure, K. S., & Nezu, C. M. (2016). The assessment of depression. In P. Fisher & A. Wells (Eds.), Treating depression: MCT, CBT and Third Wave Therapies. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons.
McClure, K.S., Nezu, A.M., Nezu, C.M., O’Hea, E.L., & McMahon, C. (2010). Social problem solving and depression in couples coping with cancer. Psycho-Oncology, 21, 11-19. doi: 10.1002/pon.1856
Moshos, T.P., McClure, K.S., Trunzo, J., Samter, W., Morse, C.R., & Volkman, J.E. (November, 2012) Social Problem Solving as a Predictor of Emotional Eating in College Students. Poster presented at the 46th Annual Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy Conference, National Harbor, MD.
Donahue, J.J., McClure, K.S., & Caraballo, L. (April, 2012) An Empirical Examination of the Relationship between Emotion Dysregulation and Psychopathic Personality Characteristics. Poser presented at the Annual Convention of the American Psychology and Law Society.
Walls, M.T., & McClure, K.S. (April, 2011). Parents Ratings of the PedsQL4.0 in Relationship to Desire of Timing for Psychosocial Treatment. Poster presented at the National Conference in Pediatric Psychology, San Antonio, TX.
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Pennsylvania Psychology Association
- American Psychological Association