Advising for students in the School of Business takes place about many different matters and by many different people. Following are the types of advising that occur and a listing of staff and faculty who provide it.
Advising is offered on:
- Course selection
- Majors and careers
- Learning Support Services (for tutoring and for students with special needs, and learning and other issues)
- Study abroad
- Personal issues
Faculty and staff who provide advising in these areas are:
For course selection:
- Freshmen Advisors are assigned to all freshmen; they advise students throughout their freshman year.
- Faculty advisors and Department Chairpersons advise students at registration time in course selection for upcoming semesters.
- The Assistant Dean advises students who: are transferring into La Salle from other colleges and universities and from other schools within La Salle; are seeking approval to take courses at other schools to transfer back to La Salle; students who intend to study abroad at some point; are on probation or suspension.
- The Director of the University’s Honors Program advises on Honors courses.
For Major and Career Advisement:
- Department Chairpersons and faculty in the School of Business
- Professional Career Counselors in the Career Services Office
For Learning Support Services:
- Learning Support Specialist
- Director of Writing and Tutoring Support Services
- Psychologists in Counseling Center
- Assistant Vice President for Administration, Planning and Affirmative Action
For Study Abroad Advising:
- Director of Study Abroad Programs on student life issues
- Assistant Dean for related academic issues
For Personal Issues:
- Psychologists in the Counseling Center
- Freshmen Advisors and Faculty in School of Business (in some cases)
- Director of Resident Life and Resident Assistants (in some cases)