Co-Ops and Internships
Participating in a co-op or internship is not just something we encourage in the School of Business it is deeply rooted in the heritage of the Christian Brothers and is part of the Lasallian Mission that links theory and practice.
Co-op and Internship education enhances a student’s academic training with practical experience.
La Salle’s Business Scholars Co-op Program is an innovative program for motivated students who want to complete two co-ops and still graduate in four years. To learn more about the program, click here.
Through co-op and internship opportunities, students can do the following:
- Evaluate a “fit” within a particular career field
- Gain career-related work experience
- Develop professional work habits and skills
- Gain confidence in abilities
- Enhance marketability for future employment opportunities
- Develop a network of professional contacts
The academic departments in the La Salle School of Business have dedicated faculty who oversee the academic portion of the work experiences. The majority of students who participate in these experiences graduate in four years. Advising students to plan for the opportunity to gain practical skills begins in the freshman year.
Below is just a small sample of organizations that have recently hired La Salle students for either co-op, Internships, or full-time positions:
- AmeriHealth Mercy Family of Companies
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- ACE Group
- Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
- Aqua America
- CBIZ, Inc.
- Charming Shoppes
- City of Philadelphia – Dept. of Revenue
- Creative Financial Group
- Drucker & Scaccetti, P.C.
- Ernst & Young
- Hearst Corporation – Seventeen Magazine
- Johnson & Johnson (multiple divisions)
- Kraft Foods
- Kreischer Miller
- LECG Smart
- Morgan Stanley
- Navel Inventory Control Depot
- Philadelphia Zoo
- Philadelphia Investment Partners
- SAP America, Inc.
- Shire Pharmaceutical
- Tasty Baking Company (Tastykake)
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Zook Dinon