PricewaterhouseCoopers xACT (xTREME) Accounting Competition (undergraduate)
Fall 2010 was our fifth year participating in the PricewaterhouseCoopers xACT Competition. This competition models real world decision making, consequences, communication, and teaming within the campus environment. Participating in xACT gives students unique insight into the dilemmas surrounding accounting policy and planning issues. Through these competitions, they will:
- Interact and network with a Faculty Mentor and a PwC Mentor
- Gain valuable critical thinking, teamwork, communication and presentation skills
- Present their case to a panel of PwC judges during the on-campus competition
- Defend their solution during an interactive Q&A period with the same judges
- Experience the profession as a professional would
Each team consists of five undergraduate students, of which four must be accounting majors. The winning team in our November on-campus competition shares $1,250 and has its videotaped case presentation sent to the PwC national judging panel. If the team is one of the top five in the country, it shares another $10,000 and earns a trip to New York in January to compete for the Montgomery Cup against the other four finalist teams.