Jacqueline Pastis, Ph.D.
Office:McShain Hall 212
Dr. Jacqueline Pastis received her B.A. from University of South Florida, her M.T.S. from Emory University, and her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. Her areas of interest include the New Testament and Christian origins, Women and early Christianity, and early Jewish and Christian relations.
Areas of Expertise
- New Testament and Christian origins
- Women and early Christianity
- Early Jewish and Christian relations
- Ph.D., 1994, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. Ed., 1981, Washington University
- M.T.S., 1979, Emory University
- B.A., 1977, University of South Florida
Recent Publications and Presentations
- “Early and Medieval Christianity” in Encyclopedia of Sex and Gender, ed., Fedwa Malti-Douglas. Detroit: Macmillan Reference), 2007.
- “ Review of Rewriting the Testament of Solomon by Todd Klutz, The Catholic Biblical Quarterly 69 (2006) 361-362.
- “An Unknown Greek Manuscript of the Dialogue of Timothy and Aquila,” Annual Meeting, Society of Biblical Literature, Early Jewish Christian Relations Section, Philadelphia, November 20, 2005.
- “Dating the Dialogue of Timothy and Aquila: Revisiting the Earlier Vorlage Hypothesis,” Harvard Theological Review 95 (2002): 169-195.