Geffrey Kelly, STD, Ph.D.
Dr. Kelly is a retired professor who continues to teach part-time for the Religion Department. He receiived his Ph.D. and STD (Doctor of Sacred Theology) from Catholic University in Louvain, Beligium. While he has published on various topics, his research and publications focus on the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
Areas of Expertise
- The theology and spirituality of
- Spirituality and revelation theology
- The German Resistance Movement against Hitler and the Nazi Government
- Ethics and the life sciences (biomedical ethics)
- Ethics and the social sciences
- Liberation theology
- Peace and justice issues
- Contemporary religious thought
- The religious history of Ireland
- Irish language and culture
- STD (Doctor of Sacred Theology), Ph.D., 1972, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium.
- LTD (Licentiate in Sacred Theology, 1970, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium.
- LL.D., 1995, Honorary Doctorate, North Park University, Chicago
- Diplome Superieur in Catechetical Theology (M.A. equiv.), 1967, Lumen Vitae, Brussels, Belgium
- M.A., 1963, Villanova University
- B.A.,1954, La Salle University
Publications and Presentations
- Reading Bonhoeffer: A Guide to His Spiritual Classics and Selected Writings on Peace, Eugene, Or: Wipf & Stock, 2008.
- The Cost of Moral Leadership. Grand Rapids, Mi: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 2003.
- Liberating Faith : Bonhoeffer’s Message for Today. Eugene, Or.: Wipf & Stock, 2002.
- A Testament to Freedom: The Essential Writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. NY: Harper Collins, 1990.