- Ph.D., 1979, University of Wisconsin (Madison)
- B.A., 1969, University of Wisconsin (Madison)
Areas of Interest
- Asian religions
- World religions
Recent Publications and Presentations
- “The Buddha-Nature as Myth.” in Buddha Nature: A Festscrift in Honor of Minoru Kiyota. Reno, Nevada: Buddhist Books International, 1990.
- “The Buddhahood of the Grasses and the Trees: Ecological Sensitivity or Scriptural Misunderstanding?” Presented at the 36th Annual Conference of the College Theology Society, New Orleans, June 1990.
- “The Categories of T’i, Hsiang, and Yung: Evidence that Paramartha Composed the Awakening of Faith.” JIABS 12.1 (1989): 65-92.
- “Literacy in Family Ritual: An Examination of an Irish-American Family Reunion.” In Foundations of Religious Literacy. Ed. John V. Apczynski. Chico, CA: Scholars Press, 1983. 145-152.