- Ed.D., 1991, Columbia University
- M.A., 1990,Columbia University
- M.A.T. 1976,University of San Francisco
- A.B., 1968, Immaculate Heart College
Areas of Interest
- Religious education
- Faith formation
- Developing classroom pedagogies
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Cornelia Connelly’s Innovations in Female Education, 1846-1864: Revolutionizing the School Curriculum for Girls. Lewisburg, NY: Mellen Press, 2008.
- “Interdisciplinary Education and Critical Thinking in Religion and History: A Case Study of Two-Content Based Linked Courses,” with Jeffrey LaMonica, Journal of Effective Teaching 7.1 (2007): 44-60. http://www.uncw.edu/cte/ET/articles/Vol7_1/Lamonica.htm.
- “Sankofa: An Inherently Religious Dimension of African Education,” International Handbook for Religious, Moral and Spiritual Education. Ed. Marian deSouza, Gloria Durka, Kathleen Engebretson, Robert Jackson, and Andrew McGrady. Vol. 1. Amsterdam: Springer, 2006. 231-242.
- “From THE CLOUD TO THE CASTLE: Teresian Metaphor as Transition from ‘Unknowing’ to ‘Being Known’” in David B. Perrin, Women Christian Mystics And Their Relevance Today. Lanham, MD: Sheed & Ward, 2001: 129-142.
- ”Cornelia Connelly: Woman of Mercy and Educator.” Records of the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia 107.1-2 (Spring/Summer 1996): 45-65.