- Ph.D., 1985, Union Theological Seminary,
- M.Phil., 1984, Union Theological Seminary,
- M.T.S., 1979, Boston University School of Theology
- A.B., 1975, Boston University
Areas of Interest
- U.S. Catholicism
- Religion in America
- History of women religious
- Religion and social justice
Recent Publications and Presentations
- American Catholic Studies; Catholic Studies Reader, co-edited with James T. Fisher, Fordham University Press, forthcoming 2010.
- Settlement Sisters: A History of the Sisters of Christian Doctrine, University of Scranton Press, forthcoming 2010.
- “Urban Settlement Houses and Rural Parishes: The Ministry of the Sisters of Christian Doctrine, 1910-1986.” U.S. Catholic Historian, 2008.
- “American Catholic Studies: The Field and the Journal.” Catholic Library World 78 (September 2007).
- “Let Us Go To The Altar: American Catholics and the Eucharist, 1926-1976” in Habits of Devotion, James M. O’Toole, ed. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2004.