Kathleen Czekanski, PhD, RN, CNE
Associate Dean for Nursing Programs,
Office Number: 4400 Benilde Tower
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Office Hours: By appointment
- PhD, Duquesne University, Nursing
- MSN, The College of New Jersey, Family Health Nursing, Management
- BSN, Villanova University
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE), National League for Nursing
- End of Life Nursing Education Consortium Training - sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope Cancer Center
- Geriatric Nursing Education Consortium Training - sponsored by the Hartford Foundation and the AACN
- Dementia Caregiving
- Hospice, Palliative Care
- Community Health
- Czekanski, K. & Wolf, Z. (accepted). Encouraging and evaluating class participation. Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice.
- Piper, L., & Czekanski, K. (2012). Use of a simulated administrative decision-making exercise in an online master’s nursing administration course. Journal of Nursing Education, (51), 1-2.
- Wolf, Z. & Czekanski, K. (2011). Analyzing student complaints against nursing programs: Taxonomies of complaints and outcomes. Journal of Professional Nursing. 27(5), 283-291.
- Hodgson, N., Gitlin, L., Winter, L., & Czekanski, K. (2011). Undiagnosed illness and neuropsychiatric behaviors in community-residing older adults with dementia. Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders. 25(2), 109–115.
- Bicknell, P. & Czekanski, K. (2009) Clinical nurse leader®: Potential nursing role for long-term care. PADONA Journal, 22(1), 21-24.
- Czekanski, K, (2008). Dying Care in Ackely, B., Ladwig, G., Swan, B. A., & Tucker, S. Evidence-based nursing care guidelines. St. Louis: Mosby.
- Griffiths, M., Papastrat, K., Czekanski, K. & Hagan, K. (2004). The lived experience of NCLEX failure. Journal of Nursing Education. 43: 322-325.
- Griffiths, M. & Czekanski, K. (2003). Meeting the needs of the health system: A refresher course for registered nurses. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 34: 162-173.
- Sigma Theta Tau, International
- Eastern Nursing Research Society, Nominating Committee member
Volunteer, Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter