Joan Parker Frizzell, Ph.D, RN
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania (Nursing)
- MSN University of Pennsylvania (Critical Care)
- BSN Temple University (Nursing)
- BA Eastern Baptist College (Biology/Chemistry)
- Dissertation: The Relationship between the physiologic and psychologic stress response in patients with an acute myocardial infarction.
- Physiologic Based Nursing Research, Stress, Psychoneuroimmunology
- Clinical Practice Areas
- Critical Care/Emergency Room/Advanced Practice
Community Interests and Services
- Frizzell, J. P. (2001) "Psychopharmacology and patient care issues: Anxiety and Depression." PADONA 14(2) 19-30.
- Frizzell, J. P. (2000) "Alterations in Endocrine Function." In. B. Bullock and R. Henze (Eds.) Pathophysiology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Publishers
- Frizzell, J. P. (2000) "Endocrine Function." In. B. Bullock and R. Henze (Eds.) Pathophysiology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Publishers
- Frizzell, J. P. (1998) "Avoiding lab test pitfalls." American Journal of Nursing. 98(2)
- Frizzell, J.P. (1993) "Successful Recruitment Tool: A Nurse Extern Program." Nursing Management. Spring 24(9).
- Flores, B.T., and Frizzell, J.P. (1987) "Amiodarone Therapy: Reducing the Side Effects." Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing. 6(4)
- Chairperson - Seminary Intern Liaison Committee, Baptist Temple, Blue Bell, Pa.
- Past President and Active Member - Executive Board of the Alumnae Association of the Philadelphia High School for Girls