||Assistant Professor, Public Health Nursing
West Campus, St. Benilde Tower
4th Floor, Room 4431
- DNP - Case Western Reserve University (In Progress)
- MPH - Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health
- MSN - Thomas Jefferson University
- MEd - Temple University
- BSN - Thomas Jefferson University
- BS - Richard Stockton State College
- Diploma - Our Lady of Lourdes School of Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Public Health Programs
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
Certifications and Certificates
- Bone Density Testing Certificate
- School Nurse Certification
- Faith Community Nurse Certificate
- American Heart Association International CPR Instructor Certification
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention Education Certificate
- American Red Cross Disaster Response Certificate
Publications and Presentations
Nowak, M. (2011). Chapter in: Iyer ,P., Levine, B. Ashton, K. & Powell, V. (2011). Nursing Malpractice (4 th ed). Tucson, Arizona: Lawyers & Judges Publishing.
Nowak, M. (2009). Healthy People 2020 National Objective Clarification. Contributing author. Available at www.healthypeople.gov/hp2020/.../ViewObjective.aspx?...HP2020–
Nowak, M. (2010, June). Public health disaster preparedness skills: What nurses need to know. Oral presentation at International Faith Community Nurse Certification Program, Atlantic City Medical Center.
Nowak, M. (2010). ACSNA Web Page. Developed Web Page for Atlantic County School Nurses Association.
Nowak, M. (2010, March). Surviving in a sea of paperwork: IT Solutions for School Nursing Practice. “Living” Poster presentation. New Jersey State School Nurses Association 6th Annual School Nursing Conference.
Nowak, M. (2011, July). Disaster nursing education for school nurses: An evidence based approach. National Association for School Nurses Conference, Washington D.C. Poster presentation.
Nowak, M. (2011, July). Evidence based disaster nursing education. International Nursing Conference. Polytec Institute of Science, Hong Kong, China. Oral presentation.
Community Interest and Service
- Eucharistic Minister and Parish Nurse
- Medical Reserve Corp (FEMA Approved)
- American Red Cross Disaster Response Team
- American Heart Association CPR Instructor
- Sigma Theta Tau, International
- American Public Health Association
- National Association of School Nurses
- American Heart Association