Evelyn R. Klein, Ph.D., CCC/SLP, BRS-CL
|| Associate Professor, Speech-Language-Hearing Science
Office Number: St. Benilde Tower 2202
Office Hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. Temple University (Educational Psychology)
- M.A. The College of New Jersey (Speech-Language Pathology)
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University (Speech Pathology and Audiology)
- Specialized Training and Certifications:
- Post Doctoral Fellowship - Advanced Professional Certificate in Clinical Neuropsychology from Drexel University
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology (Pennsylvania)
- Licensure in Psychology (Pennsylvania)
- Supervisory Certification in Special Education (Pennsylvania)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Selective Mutism
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Acquired Language Disorders
- Early Literacy
- Counseling for Communicative Disorders
- Klein, E.R., & Amster, B.J. (2010). Does a graduate course in fluency disorders make a
difference? Perspectives on Fluency and Fluency Disorders, 20, 10-14.
- Roberts, J.A., Scott, K.A., & Klein, E.R. (2010). New directions in fostering early literacy development. In Michael Shaughnessy (Ed.), Reading in 2010: A comprehensive review of a changing field. (Chp. 3). New York, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Klein, E.R., & Mancinelli, J. (2010). Acquired language disorders: A case-based approach. San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
- Gerber, A., Klein, E.R., & Roberts, J. (2008). Hear it, say it, learn it. Greenville, SC: Super
- Amster, B. J. & Klein, E.R. (2007). Perfectionism in people who stutter: Preliminary findings using a modified cognitive-behavioral treatment approach. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 35, 1-6.
- Klein, E., & Hahn, S. (2007). Focus on function: Gaining essential communication skills (2nd ed.). Austin, TX: ProEd, Inc.
- Klein, E.R., Gerber, A., & Roberts, J. (2006, March). A speech-language approach to beginning reading. Perspectives on Language Learning and Education, 13(1), 25-29.
- Littlefield, L.M., & Klein, E.R. (2005). Examining visual-verbal associations in children with and without reading disorder. Reading Psychology: An International Quarterly, 24(6).
- Klein, E.R. (2005). Effective communication with patients. The Pennsylvania Nurse, 60(4), 14-15.
- 2009, Fellow - American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- 2009-2011, Principal Investigator – The Effects of Social Communication Anxiety Treatment on Children with Selective Mutism, Foundation Grant Award
- 2007-2010, Principal Investigator – Assessing Speech-Language Skills in Children with Selective Mutism, Foundation Grant Award
- 2004 – 2015, ASHA Board Recognized Specialist in Child Language (BRS-CL)