Joan A. Luckhurst, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Ph.D. Marywood University - Human Development/Instructional Leadership
- M.S. SUNY Albany - Speech Pathology
- B.S. SUNY Geneseo - Speech Pathology
- CCC – SLP, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- NYS Permanent Certification, Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped
- NYS Professional License to practice Speech-Language Pathology
- PA Professional License to Practice Speech-Language Pathology
- PA Private Academic Teaching Certificate
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Pennsylvania State Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Alexander Graham Bell Association
- Advisory Board, Scientific Journals International
Clinical Practice Areas
- Childhood Speech and Language Development and Disorders
- Aural-Oral education of children with hearing impairment
- Assessment and Diagnosis of speech and language disorders in Children
- Identification of school-aged children at-risk for language-learning difficulties
Publications and Presentations:
- Assessment and treatment of child articulation and phonological disorders.
- Assessment and treatment of child language disorders, including those related to hearing loss, autism spectrum, learning disability and/or mental retardation.
Luckhurst, J. (2008). Professional Preparedness for provision of auditory oral programs to children with hearing loss: Results of a survey. ASHA Division 7 Perspectives on Aural Rehabilitation and Its Instrumentation, 14(2).
Luckhurst, J. & Kleinow, J. (2007, February). Workshop presented to Clarke-Pa staff on development of speech and auditory perception.
Luckhurst, J. (2006, October). Workshop presented to Clarke-Pa staff on Clinical Report Writing.
Luckhurst, J. (2006, June). SLP’s working with deaf children. Poster session presented at the annual convention of the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Luckhurst, J. A. & Lauback C. W. (2006). Evidence-based practice in schools: Altering the environment. The School Psychologist, 60 (2), 66-69.
Lauback, C. & Luckhurst, J. (2005). Improving evidence-based practice through Collaboration. Volta Voices, 12(6), 11-12.
Luckhurst, J. (2001). A retrospective study of the Gesell Screening Test for School Readiness (Doctoral dissertation, Marywood University, 2001).