The applicant should forward the following material to the Office of Adult Enrollment:
- Completed application and $35 application fee (or apply for free online)
- Official transcripts from all colleges or Universities attended. If students have completed fewer than 30 college credits, they need to submit an official high school transcript.
- Cleared Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Clearances for the state of Pennsylvania and criminal background check from state of residence.
- National League for Nursing (NLN) Pre-Admission RN Exam scores.
- Students with English as a second language may be required to complete the TOEFL examination according to University policy. Students are expected to earn a minimal TOEFL computer-based score of 250, paper-based score of 600 and an essay rating of 5.0, or the Internet-based examination of 100 total score (subscores of listening, reading, speaking and writing).
Once all materials are received, your application will be complete and processed for general admission to the University. If you are accepted to the University and all science prerequisite courses are met, there will be a required interview with the Coordinator of the ACHIEVE Program before an admissions decision into the nursing major is made.
Send all applications, transcripts, clearances, and test scores to:
La Salle University
Office of Adult Enrollment
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
ATTN: Alison Target
It is the student’s responsibility to process the Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Clearances. Clearances must be processed within the last year. The following are links to process the clearances for the state of Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check Clearance can be processed on-line and printed from the Criminal History (Patch) System Web site:
Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance can be downloaded and printed from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Web site:
Please keep the originals for your records and mail us a copy of the clearances. There is a $10.00 fee to process each clearance.
If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania you must also obtain a criminal background check for your state of residence.
New Jersey: http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/serv_chrc.html#icbc
National League for Nursing (NLN) Pre-Admission RN Exam
Instructions on how to register for NLN Pre-Admission RN Exam
1. Log on to http://www.nlnonlinetesting.org
2. Enter your own log in and password, then click “create account”
3. On left side of the screen select, “Registration”
4. In the middle of the screen select, “Visit the Registration Store”
5. Select “Register by Location”
6. Click on the drop down box and select “USA”
7. Another drop down box will appear, select “Pennsylvania”
8. Another drop down box will appear, select “La Salle University”
9. You will see the available dates. Click on the box “Register” for the date and time you choose. You will then be prompted to pay with a credit card.
NLN Study Guides
1. Review Guide for RN Pre-Entrance Exam by the National League for Nursing, 3rd Edition
2. Review guide for RN Pre-Entrance Exam by Mary E. McDonald, Revised
3. Review Guide for RN Pre-Entrance Exam, Mary E, McDonald, National League for Nursing, older edition
An advisor is available to discuss the program, review transcripts and provide the applicant with options for progression through the program. To arrange an appointment, please contact Veronica Craig in the Office of Adult Enrollment by phone at (215) 951-1655 or by email at email@example.com