La Salle University offers a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition with two options:
What's the best La Salle Nutrition Program for me?
Didactic Program in Nutrition:
- Graduates can apply for post-graduate Dietetic Internships (to pursue the RD credential as stated below).
- Students can qualify for graduate study in nutrition and other health sciences such as medicine, physician’s assistant, physical therapy, etc.
- Opportunities for focused electives and a minor to match the student’s unique interest.
- Externships are available to gain work experience within the Nutrition and Foods Community.
- Job opportunities exist in health promotion, wellness, food service, government agencies, and business, and research.
Note: Students who wish to pursue the Registered Dietitian credential must complete an accredited dietetic internship program following completion of the Didactic Program and a Baccalaureate degree. Further information on eligibility requirements for becoming a Registered Dietitian can be obtained at the Commission of Dietetic Registration Web site at http://www.cdrnet.org.
Coordinated Program in Dietetics
- Includes a minimum of 1,200 hours of supervised practice during twelve months of senior year.
- Unique community, clinical, and food management practicum opportunities with an urban health emphasis
- Graduates are eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians upon attaining successful completion of the CP (as stated below).
- Graduates may assume careers as Registered Dietitians (RD).
- Jobs include many opportunities healthcare (which require the RD) in addition to those listed above.
- Graduates may also apply for graduate programs in nutrition or other health sciences.
Note: Students are qualified to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians following successful completion of the Coordinated Program in Dietetics and a Baccalaureate degree. Further information on eligibility requirements for becoming a Registered Dietitian can be obtained at the Commission of Dietetic Registration Web site at http://www.cdrnet.org.