What services are available?
- Primary assessment and treatment of acute episodic health problems and injuries;
- Diagnostic tests for strep throat, bladder infections, mononucleosis, and sexually transmitted diseases, and others as indicated;
- Some prescription medications are on site for a nominal fee and will be charged to the student’s tuition bill. Other prescriptions can be written for as indicated;
- Administration of immunizations required by the University;
- Vaccines for chickenpox, meningitis, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus are available at cost and will be charged to the student’s tuition bill;
- TB (PPD) testing available at cost;
- Blood pressure and vision screening;
- Women’s health care and counseling, including breast exams, diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infections and sexually transmitted diseases;
- Physical exams ($25), billed to tuition account;
- Nursing majors, athletes, and ROTC students are to have a physical exam performed by their family doctor prior to starting classes;
- Health education;
- Referrals to local medical and dental specialists;
- Referrals for free, confidential and anonymous HIV testing can be provided;
- Support and information for survivors of sexual assault;
- Flu shots, obtained at local pharmacies and are usually reimbursed by most health insurance companies.
Allergy injections are not given on site but below is a list of local allergists that you may call:
- Chestnut Hill Allergy & Asthma Specialists
40 W. Evergreen Ave. Suite 106, Chestnut Hill 215.247.2292; or
- Allergy & Asthma Specialists
801 Old York Road, Jenkintown or 15th & JFK Blvd Center City, 484.534.2644.
Private Family Physicians can call in prescriptions to any local pharmacies including:
- Rite Aid Shoppes at La Salle (215.438.4696);
- CVS at Broad & 66th (215.924.1633);
- Banks Pharmacy, 1355 W. Tabor Rd (215.927.6700).
Student Health does NOT provide notes for missed class unless it requires a hospitalization or is a serious illness documented by their family physician. Students who are absent from class for any reason are responsible for all missed work and contacting their instructors promptly.