Residents are encouraged to bring items to personalize their living environment.
However some items are not permitted. The following are guidelines
regarding what you can and cannot add to your living environment.
- Bed Linen (36x80 twin extra long hospital bed sheets, pillows, and blankets). You may purchase linens directly online.
- Alarm Clock
- Bath Linen
- Personal Toiletries and Storage Caddy
- Laundry and cleaning supplies
- Cooking Utensils (dishes, silverware, glassware,
- Bathroom cleaning supplies (Townhouse, apartment,
and suite assignments)
- Any weapon or item defined in the University weapons policy
- Any item in violation of University alcohol and other drug policy guidelines
- Beer pong tables or beer funnels/bongs; and empty containers, if resident is a minor
- Full size refrigerators, electric skillets (including Forman Grills), toaster ovens, or devices with open heating elements in residence halls.
- Appliances with open heating elements or additional full size refrigerators in apartments or townhouses.
- Connections to outside aerials or antennas
- Wireless routers
- Radio transmitters
- Amplifiers and sound equipment
- Waterbeds, or other water filled toys or furniture (pools, chairs, etc)
- Air conditioners and space heaters
- Candles (lit or unlit), incense, and hookahs
- Darts or dartboards (electronic dartboards are okay)
- Petroleum powered devices (gas engines, etc)
- Pets of any kinds (yes, even fish)
- Halogen lamps or sun lamps
- Live Christmas trees, garland or swags made out of real trees
- Extension cords without circuit breakers
- Free weights and other body building equipment