Sexual Misconduct: Unwanted Sexual Behavior
Know the Facts
- The victim as well as the harasser may be MALE or FEMALE. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
- The harasser can be the individual’s supervisor, professor, coworker, another student, a staff member, or an advisor.
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
- The harasser’s conduct must be unwelcome.
- The nature of sexual harassment has to do with power, intimidation, and control and not with sexual intimacy and healthy relationships.
Like the mighty phoenix,
Once again I rise from the flames set to destroy me & take flight.
- Kirsti A. Dyer, MD., MS.