Alumni Career Volunteers
Alumni career volunteers help fellow Explorers, both students and alumni, develop their careers through events and programs such as mock interviews, resume reviews, job shadows, mentoring, and career discussions:
- Speak at Explorers on Campus (EOC), October 3-7, 2022. EOC brings together alumni professionals and students in an informal classroom setting. Guest presenters may teach a class and/or talk about their career path, field, industry and company. Sign up by September 9, 2022.
- Host a student for a day in your workplace in the Explorer Shadow Program.
- Sponsor internships or co-ops for students
- Post job openings for students and/or experienced professionals
- Represent your company at La Salle’s Fall Career Expo and/or Spring Job Fair and/or on-campus interviewing
- Contribute to La Salle’s Center for Entrepreneurship by speaking in a class, hosting a workshop, mentoring students, or getting involved in major projects – contact Steve Melick, Executive Director
- Participate in the School of Business Bankers’ Day (executives teams assess the business plans of undergraduate students enrolled in BUS 100: Business Perspectives, and decide on financing, including loans and interest rates) – contact Kristin Wentzel
- Attend academic department networking events (Information Technology, Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Political Science, Communications, etc.)
- Conduct mock interviews – contact Debra Franke
- Present in the La Salle Alumni Career Programs Webinar Series – contact Debra Franke
- Plan and/or sponsor an alumni networking event – contact Debra Franke
- Attend an alumni event to meet, reconnect with, and build relationships with fellow Explorers
Make it easy for others to contact you for career advice:
- Join LinkedIn, complete your LinkedIn profile, and join La Salle University Explorer Network LinkedIn group
To learn more about Alumni Career Programs, contact Debra Franke.