Brother Gerard Fitzgerald, F.S.C., MBA
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Why La Salle?
I had an outstanding experience here as a student in the late 1960’s; the faculty were all helpful and personal – they didn’t “Lord it over us” rather they assisted and guided with great advise. When I had the offer to return on the faculty in 1978 I jumped at it immediately, my experience has been outstanding over all these years. I try to implement what I picked up from the faculty in the ‘60s and I find others are doing the same – treating the students personally.
Areas of Expertise
BS, Accounting, LaSalle University, 1970
MA, Psychology, Villanova University, 1975
MBA, LaSalle University, 1983
- Freshman adviser
- Alpha Epsilon Alumni honors selection committee
- Member of the Board of Trustees – finance committee – Ligouri Academy, a developing school in Philadelphia for at-risk high school students
- Moderator of the Rugby team and the Lacrosse team
- Initiated/introduced Cristo Rey High School students into Excel and Word
- Served as a Lasallian Navigator to assist new students to adjust to life at La Salle University
- Coordinated the Diocesan Scholars program placing 176 talented high school students in the 12 Catholic colleges in the area.