Jeffrey Roman, MBA
Assistant Professor of Finance
Jeff Roman is an Assistant Professor in the Finance Department in LaSalle’s School of Business. Jeff is also the advisor for Gamma Iota Sigma.
With a 30 year+ career in the insurance industry, Jeff’s journey took him to top global carriers including Liberty Mutual, Chubb and Zurich where he was a staff leader and handled underwriting programs for some of the largest companies in the world. Jeff is an entrepreneur having launched an independent insurance agency, J Roman LLC, and he is entering his second year as a part-time doctoral student at Drexel’s School of Education where he is studying Creativity and Innovation.
Some of Jeff’s accomplishment include A.S. Venable Scholar (Howard University); YMCA Achiever (for community service); past chair for the Ivan J. Houston Scholarship (supports in-need college students); past President for the National African American Insurance Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk Management/Insurance
- International Business
- Drexel University, Ed.D. Candidate
- Rutgers University, M.B.A.
- Howard University, B.B.A.
- Licensed Pennsylvania Insurance Producer
- Certified Pennsylvania Insurance Continuing Education Instructor
- Presenter for Amazon.com’s Global Casualty Insurance Program, 2015 (Zurich)
- Presenter for Apple Computer’s Global Casualty Insurance Program, 2014 (Zurich)
- Consultant and Presenter for Carbozyme’s New Business Launch, 2008 (Rutgers)
- Presenter for Bright Horizon’s US Insurance Program, 1994 (Liberty Mutual)