Jeffrey Roman, Ed.D., MBA
Assistant Professor of Finance
Jeff Roman is an Assistant Professor in the Finance Department in La Salle’s School of Business. Jeff is the Director for La Salle’s Risk Management and Insurance (RMI) Program and the student advisor for the Alpha Delta Chapter of the insurance fraternity Gamma Iota Sigma.
Jeff’s career journey prior to La Salle included several years at top global insurance companies Liberty Mutual, Chubb and Zurich where he was a staff leader and handled underwriting programs for some of the largest companies in the world. Following his corporate experiences, Jeff became an entrepreneur having launched an independent insurance agency, J Roman LLC. Jeff uses his platform as a classroom leader and mentor to share his industry and lived experiences with the La Salle students to encourage engagement, problem solving and professional development.
Some of Jeff’s accomplishment include A.S. Venable Academic Scholar (Howard University); past recipient of the YMCA Black Achievers for community service; past chair for the Ivan J. Houston Scholarship (supports in-need college students); past Chapter President for the National African American Insurance Association. Since 2019, Jeff has been a grant writer and has secured funds to support La Salle’s RMI program and the Risk Manager on Campus Program.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk Management
- International Business
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, Drexel University, Philadelphia
- MBA in Global Business, Rutgers University, Newark
- B.B.A. in Management Science, Howard University, Washington
- Licensed Pennsylvania Insurance Producer
- Certified Pennsylvania Insurance Continuing Education Instructor
Research and Presentations
- Doctoral Dissertation “Phenomenological Case Study: African American Philadelphia Entrepreneurs’ Creativity and Leadership Influences”, 2021 (Drexel)
- Presenter for Amazon.com’s Global Casualty Insurance Program, 2015 (Zurich)
- Presenter for Apple Computer’s Global Casualty Insurance Program, 2014 (Zurich)
- Consultant and Presenter for Carbozyme’s New Business Launch, 2008 (Rutgers)
- Presenter for Bright Horizon’s US Insurance Program, 1994 (Liberty Mutual)