- To provide students with a theoretical and intellectual understanding of how HCD is strategically integrated with an organizations’ people, mission, goals, and objectives.
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of how a HCD framework links the organizations’ workforce with its bottom line.
- To provide students with functioning insight into the legal environment under which HCD professionals operate.
- To teach how organizations invest in their human capital, ethically manage knowledge, and measure the development process against their bottom line.
- To create a realistic understanding of how to direct organizational conflict towards meeting organizational goals, and mitigate the destructive impact of such conflict.
- To enable program participants to both diagnose complex strategic challenges facing HCD professionals and develop innovative solutions to those challenges.
- To develop a strategic leadership aptitude in HCD decision-making that is ethical and solution focused.
- To develop superior communication skills with philosophically and culturally diverse internal and external individuals in the performance of HCD functions.
Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Explain contemporary human capital development (HCD) theory and how it is strategically integrated with the organizations’ people, mission, goals, and objectives;
- Identify the link between human capital development and the organizations’ bottom line;
- Analyze the human capital development process within organizations;
- Demonstrate strategic HCD decision making that is both legal and ethical;
- Formulate message strategies that demonstrate effective communication within diverse situations and audiences;
- Diagnose complex challenges facing human capital development professionals and generate innovative solutions.