Campus Activities

Deepher Dude

“Hello La Salle Students,

In 1955 a woman named Phyllis Kossoff changed my life.  She was a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon sorority and a mother of a child diagnosed with cystic fibrosis.  Through her advocacy and dedication to finding a cure, Delta Phi Epsilon and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) have had over 60 years of partnership and have raised over $1 million dollars to support this cause.  As a member of this sorority at La Salle University I would like to continue this tradition through our annual Deepher Dude male beauty pageant.  This year is our 13th annual event and it will be bigger and better than ever before.

How is the show changing?

• A new venue: The show has outgrown the theater where it has previously been hosted, so this year the show will be hosted in the Tom Gola Arena.
  • A website:  With the help of the CFF we were able to create a website that showcases our event and allows donations to go to each individual participant.  The bachelor who raises the most money will be awarded the final rose.
  • Premium seating: Tickets will be sold the night of the show (December 1st) for $5, but guaranteed front- section seating will be sold online prior to the show for $10.
  • The Theme:  This year the theme of the show is “The Bachelor” due to the emphasis that the show places on roses.  Cystic fibrosis is often referred to as 65 roses. (See About our Event for more details)

I appreciate your time and hope that you will explore our website and attend the show to gain a better understanding of why I joined Delta Phi Epsilon and how many of my values align with those of my sisters.  Any donation will not only help us reach our fundraising goal of $10,000, but it will also change the lives of those effected by this terrible disease. Donations are tax deducible and go directly to CFF.

http://lasalledeepherdude2017.passioncff.org/

Sincerely,

Jordan Hagerty and the sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon”