The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry embraces and supports the overall mission of La Salle University. We strive to create and maintain a nurturing, supportive environment for both students and faculty as we advance our understanding of chemistry and its application to the world around us. Our goal is to establish a community of curious and knowledgeable active learners. Implicit in the mission is a profound respect for the individual learner and an emphasis on the ethical responsibility of scientific inquiry towards the broader local, national and global communities.
- The program will connect graduating students with opportunities in high impact industry jobs, graduate school, and pre-professional schools.
- The faculty of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry will develop and implement effective and innovative teaching practices to engage students and encourage learning.
- The program will cultivate and support a culture of chemistry and biochemistry research among its faculty and students.
- The program will provide students with access to modern instrumentation and will emphasize student use of these instruments.
- The program will provide students with opportunities to interact with the broader scientific community.
- The program will actively seek out and maintain interdisciplinary research and teaching collaborations with other programs.
- The program will establish, maintain, and seek input from an advisory board.
- The program will foster an inclusive science culture dedicated to the success of all students and promoting diversity in both the classroom and the laboratory.
- The program will provide students with a general, rigorous, and distinctive chemistry and biochemistry education that highlights problem-solving, creativity, exploration, critical thinking, and hands-on practice of chemical and biochemical sciences.
William Price, Chair
Holroyd Hall 345
Staff Contact Information
Michele Guy, Office Manager
Holroyd Hall 239
PROFESSORS: Cichowicz, Price
ASSISTANT PROFESSORS: Femia, Grande, Kramer, Ling
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSORS: Lammers
PROFESSOR EMERITUS: Bart, Hoersch, Prushan, Straub