The Social Work Department of La Salle University has its roots in the tradition and mission of the Christian Brothers, who place significant value on relationships built on mutuality and collegiality. The Department supports the University’s mission to prepare students for “a commitment to the common good” by challenging students to expand their world views. Students integrate the Lasallian value of “service rooted in solidarity and justice” with the liberal arts tradition and the knowledge, skills and values of the social work profession, preparing students for generalist social work practice.
- To develop competent social work professionals grounded in knowledge, values, and skills necessary for generalist practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- To prepare students for social work practice with diverse people and populations.
- To educate students about local, national, and international issues of social, economic and environmental justice so that they become agents of change.
- To provide a curriculum that challenges students to integrate and act upon the values and ethics of the social work profession.
- To motivate students to know the importance of and exhibit a commitment to the ongoing development and care of the personal and professional self.
- To prepare students for lifelong learning.
Rosemary Barbera, Ph.D., Program Director & Chair
Olney Hall 369
Staff Contact Information
Jessica DeRenzis, Administrative Assistant, II
Michele Rambo,Certification, Accreditation, and Assessment Officer
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Barbera
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Mariscotti
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Lynch
INSTRUCTOR & DIRECTOR OF FIELD EDUCATION: Pollichemi