Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the program, the students will be able to do the following:
1. Demonstrate a practical knowledge with rudimentary linguistic skills in at least two modern foreign languages.
2. Summarize the geographic, ethnographic, geopolitical, and cultural traditions of selected Central and Eastern European countries.
3. Collect, analyze and interpret historical and contemporary political data about the cultures of Central and Eastern European countries.
4. Predict political developments in the Central and Eastern European region.
5. Demonstrate readiness to engage in the workforce or pursue doctoral studies on diverse aspects of the life and history in the region, especially the countries that have been the focal point of the student's academic career.
6. Develop his/her own Weltanschauung: i.e., a coherent and cogent personal philosophy based on the spiritual values of Western civilization and the humanistic traditions of the Christian Brothers.