The La Salle community will celebrate the conferral of undergraduate degrees on Saturday, May 9, in the TruMark Financial Center with the School of Arts & Sciences Ceremony beginning at 9 a.m. and the Schools of Business and Nursing & Health Sciences Ceremony beginning at 2 p.m. To learn when and where to arrive, as well as details on seating, parking, and more, see the instructions below.
When will doors open?
- Doors will open to the public at 90 minutes prior to the ceremony start time.
- All graduates are to arrive to St. Benilde Tower no later than 1 hour prior to their ceremony start time.
- It is imperative to follow the above directions to ensure that all candidates are in procession order by 8:30 a.m and 1:30 p.m., respectively.
What happens once I arrive?
- Graduates are to be dressed in their regalia and academic hood upon arrival.
- All graduates will check-in with a representative from the Registrar’s Office and receive their name card.
- If you have chosen not to have your name announced, you will still receive a card designating your request not to have your name announced.
Where do my family and guests go?
- All family members and guests enter the TruMark Financial Center through the main entrance leading up to the Tom Gola Arena.
- A handicap drop-off area will be designated for individuals needing immediate access to the building.
- Tickets will need to be presented to Commencement volunteers and scanned upon entrance into the building. Open seating is available.
What happens during the ceremony?
- The ceremonies will begin at 9 a.m. for the School of Arts & Sciences and 2 p.m for the Schools of Business and Nursing & Health Sciences with a procession of graduates, faculty, and the stage party.
- As each school is announced, you will be led to the stage by a marshal.
- Volunteers will collect your card prior to your ascending the stage. The Dean of your academic school will read each graduate’s name and will be congratulated on stage by the President.
- Graduates who have chosen not to have their name announced, will be congratulated on the stage by the President
- It is important to move swiftly to ensure you are on stage when your name is announced. Please do not take time to have a conversation with those on stage and keep moving.
- Individual candidate portraits will be taken once the candidate has descended the stage.
- Please refrain from bringing bags, backpacks, or purses with you to the ceremony as you might not return to the same seat after descending from the stage.
Does everyone wear regalia?
- This is an academic ceremony and, as such, academic regalia is required to participate in the procession.
- Only those students in full academic regalia (cap, gown, and hood) will be permitted to process in the ceremony. The only exceptions will be for those graduates in military uniform.
Where should I park?
- Several La Salle University parking lots will be open beginning at 7:00 a.m. and will be free for graduates and their guests. Visit the Parking page for additional details.
- A courtesy shuttle will be available for guests parking in the Shoppes at La Salle parking lot.
What accommodations have been made for individuals with disabilities?
- Please visit the Accessibility page for more information.
- Determine a meeting location with your guests before they take their seats.
- Alcoholic beverages and items that can interfere with the ceremony (helium balloons, beach balls, bullhorns, etc.) are NOT permitted in TruMark Financial Center and will be confiscated.
- All graduating students should be in St. Benilde Tower no later than 1 hour prior to their ceremony start time for the procession. There will be hundreds of people entering and walking through TruMark Financial Center. Latecomers will not be permitted to walk with their school during the processional, and they will be seated in the back of their school section.
- We encourage you and your family to take photographs after the ceremony at any of our designated photo locations on campus.