The La Salle community will celebrate the conferral of undergraduate degrees on Sunday, May 12, at McCarthy Stadium. The ceremony begins at 10 a.m. To learn when and where to arrive, as well as details on seating, parking, and more, see the instructions below.
When will doors open?
Gates to the McCarthy Stadium will open to the public at 8 a.m.
All graduatesare to arrive to Olney Hall no later than 9 a.m.
It is imperative to follow the above directions to ensure that all candidates are in procession order by 9:30 a.m.
What happens once I arrive?
- Graduates are to be dressed in their regalia and academic hood upon arrival.
- All graduates will check-in with a representative from the Registrar’s Office and receive their name card.
- If you have chosen not to have your name announced, you will still receive a card designating your request not to have your name announced.
Where do my family and guests go?
- All family members and guests enter McCarthy Stadium through gates leading to the bleachers on either side of the stadium.
- No tickets will be required for entrance. Open seating is available.
What happens during the ceremony?
- The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. with a procession of graduates, faculty, and the stage party.
- As each school is announced, you will be led to the stage by a marshal.
- Volunteers will collect your card prior to your ascending the stage. The Dean of your academic school will read each graduate’s name and will be congratulated on stage by the President.
- Graduates who have chosen not to have their name announced, will be congratulated on the stage by the President
- It is important to move swiftly to ensure you are on stage when your name is announced. Please do not take time to have a conversation with those on stage and keep moving.
- Individual candidate portraits will be taken once the candidate has descended the stage.
- Please refrain from bringing bags, backpacks, or purses with you to the ceremony as you might not return to the same seat after descending from the stage.
Where should I park?
- Several La Salle University parking lots will be open beginning at 7:30 a.m. and will be free for graduates and their guests.
- A courtesy shuttle will be available for guests parking in the Shoppes at La Salle parking lot.
What accommodations have been made for individuals with disabilities?
- Please visit the Accessibilty page for more information.
What if it is raining on the morning of the ceremony?
All efforts will be made to have the Undergraduate Commencement ceremony outdoors, even with light rain. A final rain call will be made on the morning of the ceremony at 6 am and will be communicated via the University’s website and social media channels.
If the morning forecast becomes inclement, we will then proceed with our weather contingency plan.