Ordinarily, students are accepted into the program three times a year to begin their studies in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester.
To be eligible, applicants must present:
- Evidence of completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum of 9-12 hours in psychology, counseling, or Marriage and Family Studies—and a GPA of 3.0. All transcripts of academic institutions attended should be submitted, particularly if credits were transferred.
- The online application for admission.
- Three letters of recommendation. This should include a college professor who can assess the applicant’s academic qualifications and abilities as well as a supervisor who can assess the applicant’s professional qualifications, abilities, and motivation for enrolling in this program.
- Work experience (paid or volunteer) in an area related to counseling or the mental health field is considered.
- A personal statement that includes the following:You have made the decision to apply to La Salle’s Master’s Program in Professional Clinical Counseling. This is a professional program designed to train you to become a licensed professional counselor (LPC). In your statement, please include what professionalism means to you with regard to you becoming a LPC. In addition, please include some information about yourself, your intentions concerning your academic and career paths, why you choose the La Salle’s Master’s Program, your expectations of the program, what you will contribute to the program, and what you believe you will eventually contribute to the mental health field.
- Evidence of the ability to meet the qualifications, both academic and professional, required for field placement in the profession.
- Life experience is valued and therefore some preference will be given applicants who present relevant work experience, either paid or volunteer.
Deadlines for submission of completed applications are as follows:
- For entry into the Fall semester: no later than August 15
- For entry into the Spring semester: no later than December 15
- For entry into the Summer semester: no later than April 15
All documents should be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University – Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141-1199
215.951.1100 / Fax 215.951.1462